Sunday, February 17, 2008

OC #2

i am very tired, and i get chattery and weird-stream-of-conscious-y when really tired.

so here are two (kind of three) facts i feel are post-worthy i have thought of.

1. My First Memory: If I think as far back as I can about my childhood, my first memory is watching a dumpster fire out my nursery room window. That sounds really negative and alarming, but when I was a kid, I thought it was sweet. I doubt I had this complexity of thought at age three-ish, but it had some watered-down feeling of "here I am, comfy in my softly-lit bightly-colored kid room, and outside there is pretty chaos." i used to live on OSU campus, for the first four years of my life, and it was a nice small house with pretty curtains, a nice futon, and it always smelled like incense. i loved that house. but my family moved here so we could go to worthington schools when i became kindergarten-aged.
1.5 My First Dream (that I can remember): I was in said old house, and there was a thunderstorm going outside. I walked downstairs in my little cotton and lace nightgown, and immediately following the stairs, in front of them, was our back door. It was metal with chipping white paint on it, and the top have was a screened window. I stood on my tiptoes so I could see outside, and it was stuck in the light the world has when lightening brightens the world at night. I looked up, and I saw an object floating in the sky that was about the size of a VW Bug and charcoal-y colored. It was shaped like a 3D diamond, or like two square-based pyramids stuck together at the bases, whatever makes more sense, haha. On each face of that was a smaller triangle based pyramid, and the edges were rounded off instead of sharp. I knew, somehow, in that way you just know facts and accept the knowledge in dreams, that it was thunder. I went out the door into my back yard, and climed a leafless tree to try to touch it. I don't recall if I did or didn't touch it, but I remember trying.

2. I really like hotels. Today I went to Fort Rapids with Laura and some friends, and it's a waterpark/arcade attached to a hotel. At one point I was bored of tooling around the arcade and water park rooms, so I walked into the hotel section and just wandered the halls for about fifteen minutes. The elegant monotony of the same doors and the same thick carpet and the careful lighting and the muzak is extremely calming. The fact everyone's on their way to somewhere else is somehow exciting for me, too. Hotel rooms are usually somewhat nicer than what one has at home (probably because it's a two-room unit, instead of a whole house), so that's also excitig. When I move out and can't yet afford vacations to locations, I intend to rent myself a hotel room in a very nice hotel, maybe even in my own city, for a few days. I am probably really weird, haha.

1 comment:

Jennifer Woods said...

Even if you are in your home town, staying in a nice hotel is total indulgence - a mini break. I'm a big believer in getting away from it all in your very own city (or one nearby)